So it finally happened a few days ago, and I’m still here, and I haven’t had any sudden revelations or epiphanies.
Let’s lead in with the decade in birthdays…
- 2002 – started this blog shortly after my 30th birthday (so this post doesn’t quite mark 10 years of blogging)
- 2003 – didn’t mention my birthday, too busy doing 3D stuff
- 2004 – doing lots of book-y things, including reading, comparing myself unfavorably with Douglas Bader
- 2005 – drew a weird self-portrait
- 2006 – working in NZ and bought myself some things
- 2007 – got a colonoscopy preparation kit for my birthday
- 2008 – bought myself my first iMac
- 2009 – rather busy and posting infrequently, quoting Monty Python
- 2010 – back in Australia, playing with Apple gear, and even posting a Drivey update
- 2011 – more sulking about lack of organization, no sulking about new girlfriend!
Feeling like absolute poo right this minute, with a headcold that won’t quit, nursing a hot lemony drink. If I could have spent the entire day in a piping hot bath I would have. How can a nose be so utterly blocked and yet so utterly runny at the same time?
I gotta say, although I often play up my crotchety side I really am feeling quite pissy about being 40. You can’t not take stock at this age, and my stock is riding rather low in most areas right now. The one thing that I’m really pleased about is that I’m still with the new girlfriend I first mentioned last year. She is still lovely and fortunately hasn’t yet decided that she’s made a huge mistake.